What Is Wrapped In Courage
Wrapped in Courage is a campaign organized by the Ontario Association of Interval & Transition Houses. Created in 2013 with the support of our member organizations, Wrapped in Courage, brings attention to the issue of violence against women in Ontario. Every year throughout the month of November we call on all Ontarians to show support for survivors of women abuse by purchasing a purple scarf from your local women’s shelter.
The Ontario Association Of Interval & Transition Houses
OAITH is a provincial coalition made of up women shelters, second-stage housing and community-based women’s organizations. We aim to end all forms of violence against all women through public awareness, advocacy, training, education, and research.
We recognize that violence and abuse against women and children occur as a result of the unequal power and status of women and children in society. We also recognize that all racism and oppression of women is a form of violence.
OAITH does not provide direct service. If you are seeking abuse related services/support please contact one of Ontario’s 24 hour provincial helplines:
Find your closest violence against women service via www.sheltersafe.ca
We Are Committed To:
- Removing barriers to equality for all women and children.
- Ensuring the voices and experiences of all abused women are heard when working for social change.
- Increasing awareness through education, public advocacy, and empowerment for OAITH member agencies.
To see the full list of participating shelters click the link below.
- Assisting shelters in offering support and services to women.
- Offering training and resources.
- Working with our equity-seeking allies in the community to end all forms of violence and oppression of women.